Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Wow. Such incompetent. Very annoy.

I haven't been posting a lot here, because I've been participating in a blogging/journaling trial that pays me - so that has become a bit of a priority. Sorry, I'm all about the dollar dollar bill, y'all. (sarcasm)

I had an appointment today to talk about the CT scan I'd recently had (Monday) and was supposed to have blood drawn 20 minutes prior. Well, I get to the Central Lab (where they draw labs for people with ports) and my nurse doesn't have me on her list. We find out through some sleuthing that my lab appointment was placed at the normal lab (why?). Whatever, they correct it. Then about 30+ minutes later, my port nurse comes to tell me that they made the lab appointment...

...But didn't order any labs. This is the THIRD time this has happened.



By this point it's about 45 minutes from when I originally arrived, we've blown past my oncology appointment by 30 minutes and I am livid. I vow that I am going to walk out by 11:30 (this is when I was due to work) if something doesn't happen. I was able to see my doctor, but didn't end up leaving until close to noon - had someone not dropped the ball (I'm looking at you, oncology nurse) I would have been done much sooner and on to work.

Before you comment/ask, yes - I will be filing complaint. If it happens again, I'm switching to the Clinic.

There has been good response in my lungs with the new chemotherapy. The liver is questionable...My doctor said there was a very small amount of growth, but said that the old scan she's comparing it to was actually two weeks before I started chemotherapy at all, and it could be that growth happened during that time (one liver lesion grew a LOT in just four weeks, remember), So for now, there will be two more cycles of this chemotherapy and we'll follow up with a PET scan.

The PET scan will actually show areas with active cancer "lit up", A CT will show areas where cancer is or was, so it's not the greatest indicator of what's actually active right now. After the PET scan, we'll see what to do next.

I've been having a ridiculous amount of pain in my left thigh. Nothing showed on the CT scan, so the oncologist feels that it's muscular. I feel that it's annoying. Oxycodone just makes me numb and sleepy, and Flexeril kind of works... I feel like I'd love to jump in a pool to stretch it out, I don't know. My doctor just said to take pain meds and not to put too much weight on it (no running, lifting weights - she says non strenuous biking should be okay). In a way, I don't feel that it's good enough - but whatever. I don't remember doing anything to provoke the injury, I just want it to go away. I have moments where I can walk like a normal person, but they're few and far between. Otherwise, I'm afraid to get off the couch because it's probably going to hurt. I hate this the most.

My third cycle of chemo starts tomorrow morning. Ice cream is on the menu, I think. We plan to have a nice dinner tonight (before stuff starts to taste bad) but that will depend on the weather.


2 comments:

  1. Grrrrrrr. But glad for the improvement. Hang in there, Lovey. What flavor ice cream tonight?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No ice cream tonight. Tomorrow probably a sundae.

      Delete