Monday, September 15, 2014

Gripes

I really thought I skipped the aches and chills with this chemotherapy cycle, but I didn't. There's no sign of a fever, but the tiny hairs on my arms/legs feel like pins when they brush up against my bedsheets. It feels like I'm freezing, when in fact I'm wearing a sweater and pants (and socks!) while covered up in bed. It's kind of annoying, honestly.

I stayed home today because of the pain, and spent most of the day in bed with our cats. Tomorrow (I hope) will be better. In the meantime, I've taken pain meds and am relaxing in the living room.

So far, my appetite has been okay - I'm better off nibbling on things as the day goes on instead of having three meals. My husband made chili tonight and it was delicious - I think the spiciness really warmed me up. I feel less chilly now.

I really hate missing work, but I have to tell myself that this isn't the sniffles - it isn't some 24 hour "bug" that I have... It's a serious illness and I need to take care of myself. As obvious as that probably sounds, it's so hard to accept sometimes. I hope the chills stay away tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment