Monday, February 9, 2015

Update, kinda?

We have chemo. It's been such a weird weekend that I truthfully had to go back and see what I'd written about last. What did I do this weekend? Let's see... Oh yeah.

Spoiler Alert: Boo didn't have Oxycodone.

I got a new (but old) prescription filled for Oxycodone on Tuesday. I say old, because I was prescribed Oxycodone when I was first diagnosed and I barely used it. It expired, and I essentially took it back to the pharmacy where I originally got it so they could safely dispose of it. I didn't like Oxycodone, and in lots of ways - I still don't. The pain I was having was immense, however... And this does the job.

Caremark dropped the ball and I had to wait an extra day for their special order pharmacy to deliver my chemotherapy. I didn't get to start it until Saturday night. I take five capsules once a day, at the same time each day (on an empty stomach).

Actual size* of one Zykadia capsule (*lie)

I woke up Sunday morning and didn't feel too bad. My appetite hasn't been spectacular for a while now, so there wasn't a real change. I felt like I needed less pain medication on Sunday, but still took some. I woke up this morning pretty ill, though - as in sudden onset. My husband had a morning meeting so I asked if he'd swing back and get me a little later so I could get my nausea/vomiting under control.

I relaxed some and even fell asleep, and when I woke he was calling me to ask if I wanted to be picked up. My boss also asked me to make sure I felt well enough to work. I thought about it and still didn't feel right, but could have dealt with it. Then I realized there's a portion of my shift where I would not be able to quickly access a bathroom should I need it, and decided to give myself another day to adjust to the medication. More sleep. Sleep has been nice. I kind of wish I could do it more.

So that's it for now, just hanging in there. I'm sort of tired of winter, I'm sure Boston is more than I am. Can I have sunshine now, please?

I am trying not to post on Facebook much. I realize it probably looks like whining/complaining so I've been hiding from social media overall. I'm pretty happy. I wish I wanted to eat more, but I'm hoping that gets better soon. I wish marijuana was legal in Ohio - I'd love to try some High-CBD edible (low psychoactive - I have had Marinol and I haaaaaaaaated it). Get your heads out of your asses, Ohio. Weed could actually help some people.

1 comment:

  1. I check your blog daily. Love to see your sense of humor through everything. And I am with you on the weed. So with you there.

    Always in my thoughts!
    Cally

    ReplyDelete