Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Hey, sleepyhead!


This is me, lately. I have been wiped out, and have really enjoyed naps and sleep. This weather hasn't been kind to me, to be honest. My chest tightens and I ache. I walk slower. Foolishly I went out on Sunday without taking any pain medication (my stomach hurt that morning and I didn't want to chance it) and ended up pretty sore after only walking around a store for 20 minutes.

I went home and took pain medication and took a nap for a couple hours. Much better.

Tonight, I have water aerobics and I'm just coming off of a three day stint of feeling absolutely crappy (nausea, etc...) and I still don't feel entirely right so I kind of  just want to take it easy. I really can't tell if this is laziness, or my body just telling me to slow down and take it easy. The idea of running to a car soaking wet from swimming doesn't appeal to me right now - but staying warm in my house, does. This is common sense, right?

Getting out of the pool is a little tricky (mets in leg) so I think I'm dreading that as well. They're tearing down the pool this summer and will have a new pool in a year or so (complete with steps instead of an old "ladder" that is really cement/tile that is built into the wall).

I think for now, I will listen to my body. I feel a need to be home, cuddled and comfortable right now. I will have my days in the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment