Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Good Morning, Sunshine...

There's something about sunshine that makes me a little giddy. The warm blanket hug of sunshine on my face and hair, the way a fuzzy kitty's head smells after she's been basking in the window for a little while... It's good stuff.

Yeah, it's not very warm yet. If I told you that today's high was going to be around 50, many of you would probably shiver out of empathy - 50 isn't that bad when it comes to Cleveland, not after weeks and weeks of sub-zero temperatures anyway.

My Brother-in-Law is coming to visit us tomorrow, and we're going to see a Cavaliers game with him. It should be pretty good! I'm not interested in basketball in the slightest unless it's the Cavs, and I'm seeing it in person. Snobby, huh? Nah, I just think watching a bunch of athletes running to and fro on a TV screen is boring.

Last year, I made a March Madness bracket and busted it on the first day. Don't care.

Spring is definitely coming - I'm anxious to rip the plastic off of all our windows and mop all the floors/walls/everything so that our house smells like sunshine and Murphy's Oil Soap. I don't think we're at that point though, I'm afraid. Not quite. I really miss the outdoors, though. I miss the smell of sunscreen, I miss eating ice cream outside with bare shoulders. I miss a lot of weird things, but you know exactly what I'm talking about because I bet you've experienced and enjoyed a lot of these same things.

You know that feel, bro. You know.

I can't believe we're less than two months away from the Breathe Deep CLE event, it's surreal. I have such high hopes for this thing. We have 15 people signed up and a good chunk of money raised already but we need more. I want this thing to be EPIC. I know it has the potential to be - if you think about how many people are impacted by lung cancer in some way - or hey, even cancer in general... Come give us a shout out. Walk a few miles (you can borrow my shoes, if you want!) and eat a bagel. Hug someone, ask questions, learn things. It'll be fun. My hopes are so, so high.


Remember what happens on this episode of Saved by the Bell? Well don't worry, I'm not going to go on a speed bender and break down in Mark Paul Gosselar's arms (unless he's available?). I'm just a little scared. I'm afraid of failure. I'm reminded of a time when I had a birthday party and only two people came. One of those people stole some of my presents. Why was I friends with her, again? Never mind.

It has to succeed, it just has to. I'm not saying this because my name is all over it - I just want people to come out, take a walk, and learn things. Understand what a huge impact lung cancer has on us all.

There was a time in my life when I liked sweets and candies and overall horribly bad, processed foods on the regular. No, seriously. A "fancy" dinner for me used to be frozen peas, Shake & Bake pork chops, and instant mashed potatoes.

My favorite lunch was Bagel Bites. Ew, right? I did crave them with one of my treatments, but it was a one time thing. They're cardboard saucers with "cheese" and some horrible sauce. If you aren't familiar, be glad.

My point anyway, was that I also used to hoard Cadbury Creme Eggs. I hadn't had one in ages, so I decided to get one. Hello terrible chocolate with gritty sugar filling! I'm kind of sad I hate them now, but in a way, I'm really not. I don't need that stuff.

My love for marshmallow eggs will never die, though. I'll probably buy one this weekend. Maybe. I think we're going to have a "traditional" Easter dinner this Sunday, with deviled eggs and ham and that sort of thing. In other words, leftovers forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment