Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Down With The Sickness

Hey there.

I haven't posted much because there hasn't been much to say, really. We're 75% unpacked in our new apartment and we absolutely LOVE the new place. I can't wait till it's all put together, it will be great. If I feel  up to it, I may hang curtains tonight.

I've been fighting fevers at night for the past two days, last night getting up to 100.4. We called the after hours doctor, but they never called us back. This is the second time I've left a message there and not been called back. I'm trying not to be angry about it - my own oncologist called me back this morning and spoke to me, so that's good.

I have an infection, and they're giving me Cipro to take care of it. That explains the fevers and general malaise. I still have achy legs from time to time, but have been biking to work and it seems that during the rides I am without pain (what better reason to ride more?). I stick my phone on the outside of my mesh pannier and put music on. It makes the ride a little more fun but it's not loud enough - maybe I'll get a bike speaker  - hey.. that one is also a headlight and it has a siren. I know what my next purchase will be...

n+1

Kidding - that's totally not the life for me. I do remember a few months ago when I said I'd buy a new bike once I beat cancer... I felt so close to the "end" back then - only to be told about the brain mets a little later. What a drag. I'm still going to buy myself a bike when this is all over... It's just going to be a much nicer bike than I'd originally planned on.

My appetite has been terrible lately. Today I basically made myself eat a muffin from Einstein's, and I drank a Boost. I think I'm actually hungry now, but I'm honestly not sure. I could go home and look at food and just think, "Nope." and not eat.



It's not that I don't know I should, or that I really need to eat something - I'm just not interested. Boost/Ensure is wonderful stuff for these sorts of situations, but they're no replacement for a nice hamburger! I wish that strawberries were still in season, I'd like to think I would eat those all the time.

Next week, I get a little break before the next round. I'm going to be able to relax some, and (hopefully) forget about what ails me, if only for a little while. Hopefully the leg cramps have fully stopped by next week. I'm down to about one cramp a night, and I've actually been able to sleep till 7 in the morning. It feels like sleeping in, though I know it isn't.

3 comments:

  1. Hey YOU! Glad to hear that the cramps have diminished and that the biking is good. Sleeping better is great; maybe the mountain air next week will be conducive to even more restful nights. And maybe you'll have an appetite for those deluxe Christopher and Cara s'mores!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When it's time, I have some suggestions for the bike. Question, how many gears are you looking at?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd want a triple chainring. I need those granny gears!

      Delete