Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Oh no, they can't take that away from me.

It's about three miles from our new house to the office. How do I know? Well, I rode my bike to work today.

Despite having leg cramps all night long (please don't tell me to drink more water, I know!) my hips/pelvis weren't bothering me as much this morning so I thought it'd be a good idea to try a ride. Biking to work has pretty much zero climb (well, 112 feet but that might as well be nothing, over a few miles). It was actually chilly! I coughed a few times (which actually feels kind of good) but it went well.

I think what helped me be able to ride is the Flexeril I took last night, honestly. I started to get stiff and have pain about two hours after I got to work. I hope I can take it during waking hours, it'd be nice to have less pain/be pain free during the day.

Muscle relaxers aren't doing much for the leg cramps, though. The only way I ever have zero is if I lay flat on my back and am propped up somewhat. The act of shifting in bed, or moving my legs at all usually triggers the cramps. I will address it at the doctor tomorrow, but I'm hoping that they completely go away once the steroid is completely out of my system. I am on my last week of taper, and only take it every other day now (2mg versus 8mg in the beginning).

We're still getting settled in the new place - there are boxes everywhere! It's wonderful to be in the new place. It's beautiful and homey and just such a neat (big!) place to live.

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quinine for leg cramps helps me. I drink tonic water

    ReplyDelete