Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Les Symptômes Terribles

Ah, la vache!


Pour mon déjeuner, pêches tendues et du porridge de riz. Très sophistiquée, non?

Oui, non.

Yesterday I was pretty sick in the morning, which left me very hungry in the afternoon yet too gun-shy to actually eat anything, which made me feel even worse... Nausea and appetite loss really suck.

I got home from work and cooked up a steak in our cast iron skillet and wolfed it down. No issues, and I felt much better, for a while. I cooked dinner a few hours later but wasn't hungry. Part of that was likely because I had eaten just a few hours before, most of it was that I just didn't feel that great.

I decided to go to bed a little after that, and rest for awhile. I took Benadryl to help me sleep. One of our cats accidentally scratched me as I was playing with her, and I had a total meltdown. Yes, she drew blood and it hurt - but I was completely sobbing. I know it wasn't just because I had a cat scratch - I've had many "scratches" in the past years that have left me scarred and sore. This was minor, but I think I'd just had it. I'd been doing so well for a few days, it was defeating to have a crap day in the middle of nowhere. I'm over it now, for the most part - but the fact that I still feel weak and a little fragile is upsetting. I did quite a bit more walking (briskly, yay!) than I have in a while, and my hip and joints are suffering some, as a result. I'm waiting anxiously for my city to release the winter schedule for water aerobics so I can start that up again.

Today I managed to eat a bowl of cereal and not get sick, but I still didn't feel right. My head sort of hurts, and I'm (of course) tired. I brought leftovers from yesterday's dinner - locally made pierogi with sauerkraut and sauteed onions (yummy, minus onions) but I've not been brave enough to eat them yet. Instead, I am eating rice cereal (for babies) and strained peaches. They're easy on the stomach, but not as protein enriched as my doctors would probably like.

I got lab results back (at least, they were finally posted so I can access them). My hemoglobin and red blood cells are a little low, just below the normal threshold - they were evidently okay enough to continue treatment without a blood transfusion, but we'll see what happens next week. Thankfully, I am off treatment this week, perhaps that will give me some time to recover.

I am hoping to feel normal tomorrow, since we're visiting with family for Christmas. I need this time of year. Not for presents or anything like that, but it's just so warm and nice. It's really hard to be sad or mad at Christmas.

We went to a basketball game last week, and that was so fun! I bought a shirt and was as giddy as a tourist about it (even though our team lost). I hope we get to go to another game soon.

Happy Holidays to all of my readers, friends and family. I couldn't fight this battle without you. Love and caring are great medicines.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you had a wonderful holiday too. You have been in my thoughts. (((hugs)))

    PS: The Pierogi sounds yummy

    ReplyDelete