Sunday, January 11, 2015

Just an ordinary day...For once.

I almost don't want to jinx this, but this is probably the best couple of days following chemotherapy I've had during this trial.

On the evening after treatment I normally have aching legs that feel like growing pains (remember those?). Friday night? No aching at all. The following days usually have me sluggish and nauseated, and I've had none of that. In fact, I spent a good portion of the afternoon straightening up my house. I went shopping in the evening and walked a lot...Without pain. I woke up this morning feeling fine, and ate a normal breakfast with no nausea.

I've had some headaches lately and was actually a little worried, but I finally got to opening the nasal spray the doctor prescribed (because I'd been complaining of a runny nose) and it works. I feel MUCH better. Some of you already know this, but I can be a little stubborn with meds. I've had more than one nurse give me the "don't be a hero" speech.

I got some curtains hung in our "office" room (with the help of my mother), and that seems to be helping a lot with the draftiness. I have curtains to hang and will recruit my husband to help with those - probably not today because, football.


I commented to my mom and husband yesterday that for the first time in a while, I didn't feel like I was sick - almost like I don't have cancer at all. I highly doubt that such a miracle has occurred, but it's a good feeling. Don't worry, I'm fully aware of my illness and don't foresee any future meltdowns the next time I have a twinge of pain or if I throw up. I know. 

I got an Amazon Fire Stick for Christmas, and it's really cool! We have a Playstation in the living room to watch Netflix and other things on, but the television in the bedroom doesn't have anything like that. #firstworldproblems

Anyway, now we can watch videos/movies on Amazon Video, Netflix and a bunch of other stuff in the bedroom. I really wanted to have it for the days I feel bad and need to rest. It's really great though! I've tested it out a few times and it was super easy to set up. I promise I'm not a shill for Amazon, I just really like it. 

I explained to one of the doctors on my team that I've been doing strength training. She seemed concerned and insisted that I don't do things like lunges and squats (I don't). I explained that I have been using resistance bands and I even use an exercise ball for crunches (are you having déjà vu yet?). Water aerobics start tomorrow night, so I'm really excited for that. 

My mom just left to go back home, and so it looks like it might just end up being a lazy day for me. I have never ventured into the basement to do laundry, maybe I'll do that.

1 comment: