Monday, July 21, 2014

Busy

It feels like I haven't written in a while, but I don't want to check how long it's been.



Today I taper even more off of the Dexamethasone, and am down to 2mg per day. My side effects are getting a little better, though I still wake up nightly with leg cramps. Clindamycin has helped the skin issues, somewhat. In addition to my legs getting cramps, my fingers sometimes lock up and ache. I'm trying to drink more water, but I really do not like water.

We're moving this week, today is the first day we can actually start moving things in to the new place. I'm a little sad to say we really haven't been packing much, and I haven't been much help. The lack of chemotherapy and the humid weather conditions have left me exhausted and short of breath. I am experiencing pain in my lung and liver area, but nothing constant or severe. I haven't been able to ride up the hill to our current (and future, for that matter) apartment in a couple of weeks because of muscle weakness, but I may try (On the hottest day in a while? Am I insane?) today.

Going through treatment and dealing with side effects has been a delicate balance of knowing my limitations and testing them. Sometimes you don't know if you can do something unless you try!

Chemotherapy starts Wednesday morning, and it can't get here fast enough. It is extremely frustrating to know that the spot on my liver grew exponentially in such a short time - all I want to do is kick this crap out of my body... Right now, I feel like I am doing absolutely nothing. I know that treatment is on the horizon, and that's why I'm excited and staying positive - but it's still frustrating.

3 comments:

  1. Packing and moving are full of hassles, but after hearing more details about the new place I understand even more why you're so thrilled to be going there: not only 2 bedrooms and a garage, but also an office and a porch! !

    Hope the kicking on Wednesday goes well!

    Love you, Cara.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here to remind you that you are totally badass. All day; every day. ~Charity

    ReplyDelete