Thursday, July 24, 2014

Stuff & Things

I am going to think carefully before posting too much in the coming days, mostly because I'm afraid that this blog will become a sounding board for my various gripes/side effects of chemotherapy.

I woke up with one of the worst headaches I've had in a long time. I filled an ice bag up and secured it to my head using a scarf that my aunt sent me - I must have looked a little silly while I sat there eating breakfast. At least my cats don't judge me - and if they do I can't understand them, so it's okay. I actually held off taking anything for it, and the headache is mostly gone.

Right now, I don't feel bad - but I don't really feel good, either. I ended up taking Zofran earlier (anti-nausea) and am currently picking at my lunch. I ate several strawberries (how I wish they were in season longer, Driscoll's aren't that great!) and a few pretzels. I'm tired but not that tired... It's like I'm in a side effect limbo, I suppose.

The official "big" moving day is drawing near!! My husband has been taking little carloads of things over recently, and each time one of the other neighbors has come out and offered to help him. On the occasions that I have been with him when this happens, I feel a little sheepish for not having armloads of boxes, myself. Pinterest has been keeping me sane, because I get to sort of pretend that I'm shopping for items for our new place. It's fun, and gives me ideas for later. I definitely want to decorate and furnish the new place like it's a home (it is, after all) so I can keep all my ideas neatly in one spot!

I have a lot of friends that are riding in the Pan Ohio Hope Ride, which involves biking 328 miles across Ohio - all in the name of raising awareness about cancer. I hope to do the ride one of these days, maybe (realistically) in a year or so. I need to work on this stupid cancer first!!

Jeni's Ice Creams brought back their peach jam ice cream and I am ready and willing to sample it, for uh... Science!


When I left the hospital yesterday, it felt like we'd magically transported to September. I love the cooler weather, though it means beach trips would be kind of chilly. I've only been out to swim at the lake twice this year, and I definitely want to go more - but the cooler weather feels so nice, it makes me want to be outside more.

I won't bother reporting on my Decadron/Dexamethasone withdrawals, they exist - life goes on. 

Soup sounds delicious right now. Do you have a favorite recipe? I'm looking at French Onion soup (my husband just picked up sweet onions at the market) and Posole. Post a link to your favorite soup recipe in comments if you want!



1 comment: