Monday, March 23, 2015

Breathe Deep, Cleveland!

I've been talking off and on about hoping to have some sort of event in Cleveland to raise funds for lung cancer research. After nearly a year of planning, I'm happy to say that our dream has been realized, and that Cleveland will have a 5k Fun Walk/Run to raise awareness and funds for lung cancer research!!

The website is a GO! 

When: June 27th, 2015
Where: Edgewater Park

Event Page
Event Facebook Page
Event Twitter
My Donation Page

I know a lot of people are doing a lot of different fundraising things, but I ask you to send a dollar or two my way. My goal is steep - and if I meet it I'm going to go even higher. Lauren Hill has inspired me to raise as much as I can for lung cancer research. If you don't know of her story, click here. She has raised over one million dollars toward cancer research. If we're being honest, I want to do the same. If you know someone with deep pockets, send them to my donation page!

Honestly, though...I'd be happier if a lot of people donated a little - instead of one or two people donating a lot, but I'll take it all.

MOVING ON!

I had a weird dream last night. I blame pain medication.

I was abducted. I don't know if it was by humans or aliens, but they appeared to be human. They took me to a place that seemed to be some hippy-dippy "New Age" healing center. They gave me radiation therapy with gemstones that were unavailable to anyone else. I was told I could choose one person to give the knowledge to, and enough gemstones to start the process of developing more stones.

I chose my oncologist. When I returned home (I got the feeling I never left Earth but who knows - this was a dream after all) I was scanned and was cancer free. Cool, huh?


Anyway, I did a bad, bad thing yesterday. I didn't take my chemotherapy meds. Intentionally.

Why? I really didn't want to throw up this morning. The nausea medicine I was given to take in place of Zofran at night before Zykadia actually does work, about 75% of the time. The other 25% I'm very sick for 10-45 minutes. I take medicine to help me stop throwing up, and then I fall asleep. I'm not entirely sure, but I think I slept most of the day yesterday.

Yes, I'll take them tonight and again the next night and so on. But honestly, it's starting to affect my job a little bit. If it's working, I will pick this treatment over my schedule - barfing or no barfing.



I'm a little afraid to be weighed again. I feel like I at least get one good meal in a day - with some snacking here and there... But sometimes I don't. Lots of times, it's completely my fault. I have frozen fruit in my freezer. I could make smoothies. My goal is to work on that.

1 comment:

  1. They were so accommodating and I was truly impressed. It is such a comfortable environment. For a buffet, it was delicious food. Alcoholic beverages were also great. Overall, this place is great, and my favorite event locations in the city.

    ReplyDelete