Tuesday, June 10, 2014

A Port in Girl

I just got home a little while ago from my minor surgeries.

To recap, I had a liver biopsy and a port. They could not do them simultaneously, so I went in and had my biopsy first (around 9:00) and recovered in that department until I could be called to the cancer center for my Medi-Port.

The biopsy was mostly uneventful, the worst of the pain being with the local anesthesia. I was kept very comfortable and all of the doctors were very nice. My parents came to visit me, and that was so important. I didn't realize how much I needed them until my mom came into my recovery room.

The port was a little more troubling to me, for some reason. They showed me what the port looked like and it wasn't at all like I'd imagined. It was/is much thicker but smaller. The pain meds were effective and all I really felt was tugging and pressure. Thanks to the anesthesia my blood pressure is kind of low and I'm very weak and woozy. Not sure I'll go in to work tomorrow - but I feel the pressure to go, because I don't want to lose any more leave time.

I love University Hospitals and the Seidman Cancer Center. Their staff members are always caring and so compassionate. I am so glad to be home, though! I took some pain medication and will spend the evening resting/relaxing.

2 comments:

  1. Take it easy, Sweetie. Have a good night. Love, Aunt Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a long day, to say the least. Rest well and feel better! XXOO TM

    ReplyDelete