Friday, June 6, 2014

Friday thoughts

Telling someone that doesn't know you that you have cancer is an interesting experience. The evolution of their facial expressions can be completely awful. The words "I'm so sorry" usually follow. I'm so used to it now, to the apologies and even to having cancer that all I know how to do, is fight.

Today we saw the Neurosurgeon. While we waited, I glanced over at Jeff and noticed he looked worried, so I asked him if he was - and he nodded yes. All I could do is assure him that it's going to be okay, because I am convinced that it will be.

Everything in life is okay, until it isn't. A lot of times, that is all we can ever know. Today, I am not afraid of the future. I cry, but most times it's out of gratitude and awe. I am moved every single day by the kindness of friends, family and total strangers.

My husband is the best of them all.

Tonight we're going to a rib cook-off, and I'm considering it a celebration. Insurance approved radiation therapy, and now we're going to wait for the call for the setup appointment, where they'll do scans and I'll get my radiation mask. I am assured it is highly attractive. Tomorrow, I will try and fix my bikes. One is too small for me, I would like to ask how much it would cost to make it fit me better.

No comments:

Post a Comment