Friday, June 13, 2014

Avocado

I had a pretty emotionally draining day, and little of it had to directly do with cancer. It wasn't all good, but I'm trying to focus on what actually went well. I ended up taking a Xanax, which I have to do at rare times when I can't manage my anxiety.

I participated in a phone call today where I was able to share my story with some local political and healthcare personnel, in hopes to bring a fundraising event for lung cancer to Cleveland. There's still a lot of work to do and more phone calls to make, but I made a start today and I feel very accomplished for my tiny feat.

My favorite farm, Rittman - will have their berries at the market in the morning. I have to get up early so I can get them to make a strawberry pie for my husband's birthday. Later on, we'll hit the Cleveland Flea and hopefully see some friends and family in the process.

My in-laws are coming to Cleveland to visit us tomorrow and I think we'll have dinner - I am not sure what else we'll do but it will be good to see them!

I titled my post "Avocado" because I'm currently obsessed with avocado. I had it on a burger last night, I ate it at the restaurant we went to last week and I may (or may not) have eaten more for lunch today. I know there'll be a time where I'll get sick of it eventually but for now I'm going to ride that yummy green wave.

No comments:

Post a Comment