Thursday, June 26, 2014

CyberKnife 2 : Radiation Boogaloo

Today's CyberKnife music was brought to me by the Mamas and the Papas, for the most part. I have the choice to bring in CDs if I want to, but we've had some mishaps with burning music so I've relied on what they have. Hopefully I will have my own sweet jams for session three.



Initially the treatment seemed to take more out of me. I felt dizzy and a little disoriented - more than before... But maybe my head was just squished a little too much in the mask. I felt and still feel a little more lethargic today. I ate lunch when I got back to work and feel a little better.

I'll be happy when I can lay down and rest, to be honest.

The session didn't last as long, but I was still there receiving treatment for 30-45 minutes. It's not so bad - again the mask is a little surreal and it wasn't on tightly enough at first so when they were setting me up, they had to come in the room and re-adjust me so I was nice and immobile.

There's an oncology social worker that visits me from time to time, and she stopped the room where I was waiting and brought me a card/brochure for art therapy - I can decorate my radiation mask when I'm done.

Art is very important to me, it always has been in a way - I had a job a few years back where I'd bring pens and markers to work to doodle - and eventually my boss took my art supplies from me... That only made me more creative and defiant.

I'm looking to get back into some sort of exercise program. Hopefully I'll be able to lift weights some, but I think I'll be doing it at a significantly lower intensity than before. I'm thinking more about trying yoga, and seeing if I can find water aerobics in my area (the class in the winter was unreliable due to weather and other issues, I'm guessing). I don't feel as fast or as strong right now, but I've got to keep moving.

We did find strawberries yesterday. They're delicious - I had some with breakfast and lunch!!

1 comment:

  1. ... and you rode your bike to work! Amazing! I'm happy today's session was a lot shorter. Looking forward to our next shopping trip.

    ReplyDelete